Roasted sunflower seeds are an excellent snack that gives you protein and healthy fats. They also make a delightful, crunchy addition to a vegetable salad, provide flavor for a sandwich, or form the bulk of a vegetarian burger! Chocked full of Vitamin E, magnesium, and Phytosterols along with dozens other vitamins and minerals healthy for you!
Hint – dress up desserts with this brittle. Although great eaten all by itself, this brittle also makes a tasty accompaniment to other desserts.
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1cup salted dry roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1cup sugar
- Butter a large baking sheet; set aside.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add seeds and salt and mix well.
- Keep warm.
- Melt sugar in heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When sugar is golden brown, quickly stir in warm seeds.
- Pour out onto baking sheet and spread with wooden spoon or spatula into 10″ square.
- Let cool until firm.
- Break into pieces and store in air-tight container in a cool, dry place.