Sweet Potato Casserole
We all love sweet potatoes for their healthy and nutritional benefits. These superfood powerhouses are filled with fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and countless antioxidants. They promote gut health, may prevent cancer, support eyesight , and can help enhance brain function. This sweet potato casserole may have some added sugar & butter, but when it’s the holidays – we can overlook that a bit, right? This is Ruth’s Chris copycat sweet potato casserole and if you have had it – then you KNOW how amazing this is. Bring this side dish to any of your holiday parties and you will be bringing home a licked clean dish! You can even eat it with a scoop of ice cream and it makes an amazing dessert (yup, we’ve tried it and it is delicious!)
Makes 4 Servings
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- Combine Crust Mixture in a mixing bowl and put to one side.
- Combine Sweet Potato Mixture ingredients in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Combine thoroughly.
- Pour Sweet Potato Mixture into a buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle Crust Mixture evenly onto the surface of Sweet Potato Mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350°. Allow to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.