Kale & Quinoa salad
This salad isn’t just for the holidays but isn’t it just naturally festive and bright?? It is a perfect dish to make for any get together (or a random Tuesday night) – and is easy, healthy, and delicious (and it IS festive!!).
FUN TIP: To make this salad even more festive & delicious, try making super easy candied walnuts by mixing the walnuts in a saucepan with about a couple tablespoons of brown sugar over medium-high heat. As the sugar melts, mix the nuts well making sure to coat them evenly (about 5 minutes total) then spread the nuts on a baking sheet to cool. Then you can just toss them with the salad!
- 1 large bunch green kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 – 2 teaspoons wheat-free tamari depending on your tastes
- 2 – 3 tablespoons tahini
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1 15oz can organic chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash you kale, the tear the leaves from the stem and add them into a large mixing bowl. You want the pieces to be bite sized.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, tamari and tahini to the bowl with the kale. Message kale with your hands until it begins to soften or wilt, about 1 – 2 minutes. (Don’t be afraid to use your muscles!)
- Add pomegranate seeds, chickpeas and quinoa and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper (if desired) and serve immediately.