Avocado and egg salad
This Avocado Egg Salad recipe is every bit as delicious as traditional egg salad, but it’s made with avocado instead of mayonnaise. So, if you’re looking for a healthy egg salad recipe, this is it! Eggs are an excellent source of protein, fat-soluble vitamins, essential fatty acids, and a wide range of minerals like iron, calcium, manganese, and selenium. (And before you go and let your yolk go down the drain, remember that the majority of these nutrients are concentrated in that little yellow center).
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and finely diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- lettuce, spinach, or arugula leaves, optional, for serving
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Eat the avocado egg salad plain, or topped on your favorite bread or on lettuce leaves.